Three captains named for Oklahoma men’s basketball team
Seniors Andrew Fitzgerald and Romero Osby and junior Amath M’Baye are the 2012-2013 captains for the Sooners.
“We’ve had a lot of guys step up and work hard in the offseason, but it’s no surprise, as indicated by the vote of their teammates, that Romero, Andrew and Amath were selected as captains,” Kruger said. “Those guys have done an excellent job consistently with workouts as well as on campus and in the community, and their teammates obviously respect that. They want what’s best for the team and they’re all about working to make each other better every day and representing well, and for those three it comes pretty naturally.”
Osby started all 31 games last season averaging 12.9 points, a team-high 7.3 rebounds and 1.0 blocked shot in 30.2 minutes per game. Fitzgerald has started the last 64 games for Oklahoma, finishing last season third in team scoring. M’Baye is making his debut with the Sooners this season after transferring from Wyoming and sitting out last season due to NCAA’s transfer rules.The men’s basketball team voted and Oklahoma basketball coach Lon Kruger announced the men’s basketball team will be lead by two senior and one junior captains.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients