What Kansas coach Charlie Weis is saying about upcoming game against Oklahoma
Kansas coach Charlie Weis pulled starting quarterback Dayne Crist in the second half last Saturday.
Crist was replaced with 5-foot-10, 210 pound freshman Michael Cummings, who led the Jayhawks to two fourth-quarter scores.
Weis said Tuesday both Crist and Cummings will be playing when the Jayhawks come to Norman to play the Sooners this Saturday.
From the Kansas City Star:
So now the Jayhawks must deal with the quarterback questions. And at his core, Weis appears to be a coach that would prefer stability — not the shuffling of a two-quarterback system. It would be nice, he said, if whoever started the game played so well that he couldn’t take him out. But for now, this setup appears to be the best answer.
“I think it keeps Dayne from being totally in the tank,” Weis said, honestly. “Because if you come in and say “Hey, Michael’s the guy.’ Well, that tank can’t get big enough.
“Michael, on the other hand, I asked him to make sure he checked his pants because he’s gonna play this week in Norman. I think they were both at ease.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients