UPDATE: Jones not part of prank; tires really stolen (oops)
CAMPUS CORNER — I apologize to Sooners QB Landry Jones, who I thought Tuesday was the victim of a prank by his teammates.
Turns out … his tires really were stolen. I just ran into one of his teammates while I was eating lunch, and he told me the strangest part of this is that everyone thinks it’s a joke. But Jones’ tires really were taken from his truck at some point early Tuesday morning.
I feel partly to blame. I took the context clues and posted here that Jones had been punk’d. No, I’m the punk, for making that assumption. (That saying about assumptions – and what it does to you and me – is often true, isn’t it?)
I’m told Jones got new tires this morning. I’m sure he filed a police report, but, as of an hour ago, the Sooner teammate told me the culprit had not been located. We’ll get the story from Jones probably after the game Saturday — though we would have gotten it Tuesday night if Oklahoma hadn’t changed its media policy in the middle of the season, moving offensive interviews to Monday.
I think I’ll tweet Jones an apology now. And Tom Wort, too. The linebacker thought it was funny, I guess, but he clearly wasn’t the mastermind behind the prank that really wasn’t a prank at all.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3278Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3188Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3141George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients