What We’re Working On: Game day in Stillwater
CAMPUS CORNER — Last installment of this in the prelude to Bedlam. It’s our game day coverage. My story focuses on turnovers, which, yes, can be something of a cliche topic in football. Of course they’re important, right?
But what’s up with the sort of mystical power that they seem to have this season with the Sooners? OU either gets five — or none — in big games, seems like. Very hit or miss in that department. I’ve got comments from those on both sides of the game Saturday, including Brodrick Brown, who you might recall dropped what would have been a pivotal interception in last year’s game. (Brown hasn’t forgotten.)
I thought OSU DC Bill Young had an interesting thought, too. He said OSU has to match whatever OU does in terms of turnovers.
So, as much as we’re talking about this being a shootout in terms of points — perhaps the same thing applies with turnovers. A turnover shootout. Last year, it was 3-3 (all interceptions), but the dropped pick — what would have decided the turnover margin — potentially decided the game.
Would it surprise anyone (not me) if a late turnover changed or decided this game?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients