More on “GTA” vs. “Iron Man”
As Nerdage covered last week, there continues to be talk on “GTA IV” having an impact on the box office for “Iron Man.”
GamePro is still sticking with the idea that it will negatively impact “Iron Man” ticket sales. I saw “Iron Man” this weekend, and while I can’t provide any kind of review until Friday, I do believe that people will want to see this movie, even if it takes two hours away from their “Grand Theft Auto” quest.
“I did hear some stories where analysts predicting that it will affect (the movie) ‘Iron Man,’” Goad said. “The funny thing about ‘Iron Man’ is, ‘Grand Theft Auto’ and ‘Iron Man’ appeal to very similar audiences, so maybe they’ll buy ‘Grand Theft Auto,’ play that, take a break to go see ‘Iron Man,’ then go back and play ‘Grand Theft Auto.’”
Either way — Free Comic Book Day, Iron Man, Grand Theft Auto IV — isn’t about the best week ever to be part of the comics/video games culture?
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients