Early “Speed Racer” returns not-so-great
Deadline Hollywood says “Speed Racer” only made about $6 million Friday, and pegs it as the first bomb of the summer.
That said, I went to see “Speed Racer” last night and had a lot of fun. Nice nostalgic moments for old-school fans, and young boys should love it. It is, basically, a live-action anime, so you’ve got to get your head in that place to watch the movie. Once you buy in, the movie is actually rewarding.
It is a little bit too long, and it’s going to get critically ravaged. But it’s certainly not as bad as the reviews and the possible bad box office will suggest.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6186Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5739Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5547Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients