Tributes to Rory Root
San Francisco retailer Brian Hibbs wrote a column about his friend Rory Root, the innovative retailer at Comic Relief in Berkeley, Calif., who passed away yesterday.
Several other people are writing about Rory, including Warren Ellis, Brian Wood, Chris Ryall, Neil Gaiman, Paul Levitz, as well as more in retailer and comic-book message boards. There’s also a tribute up at Comic Relief’s Web site. The Comics Reporter has a bio and a roundup of more links.
Rory was a pioneer in retailing, and was personally helpful to me in the early days of my store. Like the rest of those in the comics world, I’m going to miss him.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3560Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3491Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3466As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients