Review: Justice League of America #21
Justice League 21, on sale this week, introduces the mysterious Libra, set to play a part in the upcoming “Final Crisis” from DC Comics.
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have constructed a secret room in an interdimensional bubble, in which to discuss important “Justice League” business. The three recount recent business with the team, and plan for new members. Meanwhile, a villain called The Human Flame attempts a bank robbery, only to be confronted by Hawkgirl and Red Arrow. The Flame doesn’t like superheroes – particularly the Martian Manhunter, who defeated him before – but he’s no match for Arrow and Hawkgirl, until the arrival of the mysterious Libra.
Libra’s plan involves getting together a supergroup of supervillains — which, as noted by Luthor in this very issue, has been tried often before — but Libra claims this time will be different. And in exchange for co-operation, he’s willing to give these villains their heart’s desire. In the Human Flame’s case, that could be bad news for the Martian Manhunter.
The art is by Carlos Pacheco, always one of the better storytellers in comics, and the story is by Dwayne McDuffie, who proved he knew the Justice League when working on the recent animated series.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5063Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4898Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4189'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients