More from Neil Kleid of “Action, Ohio”
Here’s a little more from writer Neil Kleid about his Zuda comic “Action, Ohio.”
Matt Price: How did you decide to submit to Zuda, and what was the process like?
Neil Kleid: Paul (Salvi) and I originally were going to pitch the series to Image and assorted print publishers, but I’d been jonesing to do something for Zuda and this project was in the early stages (at least in our partnership, it was – I’ve been working on this for years!) enough to reformat it for the Zuda proportions. I’ve had several friends and collaborators involved with the Zuda competition in the past, some whom have gone on to great success like David (HIGH MOON) Gallaher, Dean (STREET CODE) Haspiel, Kevin (STRANGLESWITCH) Colden and Jim (SAM AND LILAH) Dougan. With their encouragement and support, Paul and I created eight pages – a prologue of the larger ongoing story – and through the Zuda site, registered, filled out personal information and sent in the art and a short synopsis. It took about two months until we heard we were in the May competition and boy, it’s been promote, promote, get votes ever since!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients