DVD, special celebrate Powerpuff Girls
Three super-powered kindergarteners are turning 10. The Powerpuff Girls will celebrate their 10th anniversary with a Cartoon Network marathon and special on Monday, and the release of all 78 episodes on DVD on Tuesday.
Creator Craig McCracken said those working on the show were trying to entertain themselves as well, and he thinks that added to the show’s appeal.
“Even though ‘Powerpuff’ kind of gets labeled a kids’ show or a girls’ show, it was always made for all audiences, just like ‘Bugs Bunny,’” McCracken said in a recent phone interview. “We were just making ourselves laugh and trying to come up with entertaining things. I think people pick up on that sincere creative expression of just making fun cartoons.”
Super-powered sisters Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup will return for an all-new animated special, “The Powerpuff Girls Rule!!!,” at 7 p.m. Monday. This will follow the marathon, which includes McCracken’s favorite episodes, airing from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The DVD will include all 78 episodes, and lots of extras, including the Christmas special, the special that airs Monday, and a new documentary.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients