Torchwood at NY ComicCon
”Torchwood” fans can see star Eve Myles and director Euros Lyn at the New York ComicCon. Lyn is the director of the entire third series of Torchwood, an adult-oriented spinoff of “Doctor Who.”
The BBC America program ” Torchwood” follows the adventures of the Torchwood Institute, the beyond-the-government secret organization formed by Queen Victoria that deals with supernatural and alien threats.
” Torchwood” stars John Barrowman as Capt. Jack Harkness and Myles as Gwen Cooper. NYCC con-goers will also get a sneak peek at the third series. See the full release after the break.
BBC AMERICA’s highest rated series, Torchwood, is coming to New York ComicCon 2009 with a sneak peek of the highly anticipated third season, Torchwood: Children of Earth, and a panel session with actor Eve Myles and director Euros Lyn. The Javits Center, location of New York ComicCon, will feature a massive billboard with all-new imagery from the upcoming U.S. premiere season, as well as a teaser running on a jumbotron and monitors inside the building.
On Saturday, February 7, 4:15pm Myles and Lyn make their first U.S. panel appearance. Myles plays police officer turned alien fighter Gwen Cooper and Lyn is the director of the entire third season of Torchwood. He’s previously directed Doctor Who and will direct David Tennant’s final two episodes as the current Doctor.
From creator Russell T Davies (Doctor Who, Queer as Folk), Torchwood: Children of Earth is the new five-part television event to air later this year on BBC AMERICA. It finds the Torchwood team embarking on a single action-packed adventure as they fight for the future of the human race against the fiercest force they have yet encountered.
“Torchwood face their toughest battle to date in this new series,” says Russell T Davies. “This latest threat causes global shockwaves and the team has to fight with everything they’ve got to survive. Viewers are in for a real treat.”
Torchwood has garnered media acclaim including USA Today dubbing it “one of TV’s most entertaining sci-fi romps,” Los Angeles Times calling it “grown-up, dark, energetic” and TV Guide proclaiming, “If John Barrowman’s Capt. Jack Harkness is the head of Torchwood, then Eve Myles’ Gwen Cooper is the heart.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients