“The Darkness” reaches milestone
A hitman with supernatural abilities celebrates an anniversary – and invites some old friends.
Top Cow’s “The Darkness” celebrates its 75th issue on Wednesday, with an oversized issue featuring art from former series artists Dale Keown, Joe Benitez, and co-creator Marc Silvestri.
“There are not many characters that are independently created characters that have had 75 issues come out,” said Top Cow Publisher Filip Sablik. “We wanted to celebrate that fact. It’s a big deal for us. We think on some level, it’s a big deal for comics.”
The Darkness series stars mob hit man Jackie Estacado. On Estacado’s 21st birthday, the terrible powers of the Darkness awaken within him and put him in the midst of a supernatural war.
“The Darkness is one of my favorite properties that we’ve ever created at Top Cow,” Silvestri told The Oklahoman in a 2006 interview. “Not only just in concept, but quite frankly to draw. … Jackie’s kind of an alter-ego for me and a lot of other guys. We get to act out our frustrations through this guy; it’s a lot of fun.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims
- 3981Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3781Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3432Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients