Amazon announces Kindle 2
Amazon has announced the second version of its Kindle device, an e-book reader with access more than 230,000 books.
The new version is only 10.2 ounces and only 1/3 of an inch thick. It seems like an improvement over the original Kindle, though its lack of color makes it still an unlikely format for comic books. (Some black and white comics and graphic novels have been adapted to the Kindle.) Still, it seems another positive move forward in the development of a light, handy e-reader.
The Kindle 2 will be released Feb. 24.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients