Kindle a threat to comics?
Sort of a misleadingly titled video from Ad Age asks whether Kindle and iPod devices are a threat to traditional comics publishing. Short answer: Sort of, yes, if the companies can’t find a way to encourage readers to pay for digital content. Not touched on in this video is where the direct market of comic-book specialty shops go under this scenario, or, if they go away entirely. I tend to think the world is a cooler place with comic shops than without, and I hope enough people feel the same way to keep that marketplace viable well into the future.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients