DVD review: Hulk Vs.
The Marvel animation team goes heavy on the “Hulk Smash” in “Hulk Vs.,” a new two-disc DVD featuring two programs of about 45 minutes.
The first, “Hulk Vs. Wolverine,” is the better, and bloodier, of the two, as Wolverine is called in to stop a rampaging Hulk. Wolverine’s an agent of Canada’s Department H, and the film also traces his backstory. “Hulk Vs. Wolverine” guest-stars several X-Men-related characters, including Deadpool, Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike and Sabretooth. The battle between Wolverine and his Weapon X brethren is the film’s highlight.
In “Hulk Vs. Thor,” Thor’s evil brother Loki has long since sought to rule Asgard, the realm of the Norse gods. Odin, the ruler of Asgard, must periodically hibernate to restore his energy. With Asgard left less-defended, Loki uses magic to control the Hulk, who he sends to destroy Thor.
There’s not a lot of story in either, but there’s a lot of well-animated action and violence. The dark humor keeps “Hulk Vs. Wolverine” relatively light despite a lot of PG-13 hacking and slashing. The characters’ voices are on-model and fit with the Marvel Comics depiction of them. “Thor” is the lesser of the two films, but he’ll get another try, as the special features on the disc include a first look at a “Lord of the Rings”-inspired take on the god of Thunder, “Thor: Tales of Asgard.” There are also featurettes and commentaries on the development of each film included as extras.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4215Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3462Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3297Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients