Malin Akerman endured hardships for “Watchmen”
Former model Malin Akerman, who plays the Silk Spectre in Zack Snyder’s “Watchmen,” said her form-fitting costume, while easy on the eyes, wasn’t easy to wear.
“It was so uncomfortable,” Akerman said at the press junket for “Watchmen.” “I am not going to develop a latex fetish at all. It was beautiful and the design was incredible. But if I were a superhero, I’d wear sweats and a T-shirt.”
Akerman had two months of training prior to filming with a former Navy SEAL to take the role of the Silk Spectre, a second-generation superhero in this film, based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. While she called that training “excruciating,” that wasn’t all the pain she went through to be part of this superhero adaptation. She also had to have a full-body cast made for costuming purposes.
“It’s a strange thing to have straws up your nose and try to breathe through that,” she said. “And also I had to do it in heels.”
A previous operation in her foot means Akerman’s bones aren’t at full strength, she said, and when the body cast began to dry, it also got heavier.
“It started weighing down and I said, ‘Guys, we have to take it off.’ I endured it as long as possible. But luckily it’s not an everyday thing, it’s a one-time situation. But it’s not the most comfortable process.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 89652Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 73465Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 36350Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 35145Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 14325Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13653Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 11646Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10034How to help tornado victims
- 8719Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8601Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients