Jimmy Fallon – the first four days
The first four days of “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” are in the books, and the first week was somewhere between painful and OK. On the positive side, it was better than Conan O’Brien’s first week back when he took over “Late Night.” It’s clear “Fallon” could still use some tweaks, but has potential to develop into a consistent late-night host. The first four days are available to watch at Hulu.
Guests: Robert DeNiro, Justin Timberlake, musical guest Van Morrison
Show highlights: Conan O’Brien guesting at the top of the show was a nice bit. Fallon and guest Justin Timberlake have a lot of chemistry, revisiting their “Barry Gibb Talk Show” skit from Saturday Night Live.
Show lowlights: The Robert DeNiro interview was nearly unwatchable, and Fallon’s flop sweat during the interview belied his nervousness. The monologue wasn’t very strong.
Guests: Tina Fey, Jon Bon Jovi, musical guest Santigold
Show highlights: A fan sings along with Bon Jovi, accompanied by The Roots, on “Wanted: Dead or Alive.” Tina Fey was funny just being Tina Fey; in fact, she was more comfortable onscreen than Fallon. A Castle Grayskull reference is always good, as selected by Fallon as background for a photo with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Show lowlights: The monologue still lacks home run material. The audience fake Facebook updates should have been funnier; Steve Allen pioneered this bit (without, of course, the Facebook logo), and Fallon’s didn’t live up to that.
Guests: Cameron Diaz, Billy Crudup, musical guest Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Show highlights: The interviews with both Diaz and Crudup flowed pretty well. The dance contest between Fallon and Diaz was funny and fun to watch. The best monologue of the bunch, with Fallon miming a bowling strike after a successful joke.
Show lowlights: The fake “bromance” novels skit didn’t do anything for me. While asking for questions for Cameron Diaz from Twitter was a neat idea, in execution it didn’t work.
Guests: Donald Trump, Serena Williams, musical guest Ludacris
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients