Watchmen has $25m Friday
Box Office Mojo is reporting a $25 million box office for “Watchmen” on Friday. Whether that’s in line with projections or disappointing depends on who you talk to at this point. It’s behind the $28 million scored by director Zack Snyder with “300,” though that movie’s shorter running time meant more screenings could be held on the opening day.
It’s higher than both “Hulk” and “Fantastic Four” openings, and both of those movies were shorter than “Watchmen,” and PG-13 to boot. On Box Office Mojo’s all-time opening days list, it’s between Lord of the Rings: Two Towers and Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients