Oklahoma writer Mel Odom to craft Green Hornet tale
Oklahoma writer Mel Odom, of Moore, will create a Green Hornet story for Moonstone Books. The publisher plans a series of short-story collections featuring the character.
The Green Hornet is secretly newspaper publisher Britt Reid, who is assisted by his ally Kato, who was played by Bruce Lee in the 1960s TV series.
Odom, who sported a “Green Hornet” lunchbox in the 1960s, was excited to return to a favorite hero.
“For a chance to get to play around with heroes you grew up with, you can’t go wrong with that,” Odom said in a recent phone interview.
Odom said the story would be set in the past, and be true to the Green Hornet’s mythos.
“It’ll have some of the flavor from the TV show and radio show,” Odom said. “It’s going to have the feel of crime fiction … he’s going to be a man totally on the outside.”
The Green Hornet was himself an outlaw, pretending to ally with criminals to destroy them from inside. Thus, he faced danger from the police and criminals alike.
“We’re obviously thrilled to add The Green Hornet to our stable of licensed properties,” said Moonstone publisher and The Green Hornet editor Joe Gentile in a release. “As a huge fan, I’ve dreamed of bringing back and adding to these great characters’ legacy. It is an honor and a responsibility we take very seriously. I can’t wait to see the new crime fiction stories come in from the many talented authors we have lined up.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3554How to help tornado victims
- 3541Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3452Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients