“Flash Chronicles” among upcoming collected editions
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — “Flash Chronicles,” reprinting the original adventures of the Barry Allen Flash, is among the highlights of DC Comics’ collected editions discussed at the ComicsPRO Annual Meeting.
Barry Allen’s first appearance in “Showcase” #4 kicked off what’s considered the Silver Age of Comics, and Flash joins Superman, Batman and Green Lantern in the “Chronicles” line. The first volume is scheduled to ship in September.
Other highlights from the Collected Editions presentation:
- A one-volume collection of “Batman: Hush” by Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee in August
- The first Zuda collection, “High Moon” vol. 1, written by former University of Oklahoma student David Gallaher, is scheduled for October.
- The all-ages “Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the Eighth Grade,” is scheduled for December.
DC’s black-and-white “Showcase” collections are going to move toward one release per month rather than two per month. The volumes scheduled through the rest of the year are Bat Lash in July; Eclipso in August; Warlord in September; House of Secrets vol 2 in October; DC Comics Presents Superman Team Ups in November; and Wonder Woman vol 3 in December.
The panel also offered sneak peeks into 2010, including an “Adam Hughes Cover to Cover” art book; “Absolute Green Lantern Rebirth;” and new editions of “Sandman” implementing the recoloring done for the Absolute editions of the series.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7545Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7311Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6526UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients