Yuri Lowenthal on Superman inspirations
Actor Yuri Lowenthal voiced the Man of Steel on the “Legion of Superheroes” animated series. He told The Oklahoman about his inspirations in a recent phone interview.
YURI LOWENTHAL: I couldn’t help but be inspired by all the people who had gone before me. I’m a geek that way. I know the Tim Daly Superman, I know the George Newbern Superman, I know pretty much all of the incarnations of Superman, whether they have been animated or otherwise, just because I watch that stuff. And so I’m sure that I must have been influenced by all those guys.
And yet, when you’re dealing with iconic characters like that, … you can’t get obsessed over, ‘Am I copying this guy too much, am I not enough like this guy?’ You kind of have to trust the director of the show and the producer of the show, in that they chose you for a specific reason that what you were doing to a certain degree was in the ballpark, or right, and if they didn’t like it they would correct it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4237Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 4076Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 3649Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients