ComicsPRO directors elected
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The results of the ComicsPRO board member elections were announced at the ComicsPRO annual meeting. Named to the three ComicsPRO director positions up for election were Joe Field, Brian Hibbs and Chris Powell. The board also announced its officers: Field was re-elected as President; Chris Powell was named President Pro-Tempore; Amanda Emmert was named Corporate Secretary/Treasurer; and Carr D’Angelo was named Recording Secretary.
More information from ComicsPRO about the elected directors:
Joe Field has owned and operated Flying Colors Comics & Other Cool Stuff in the suburban city of Concord CA since 1988. He is a recipient of the Will Eisner “Spirit of Comics” Award for retailing excellence. He previously worked in the broadcasting field and has also done freelance public relations. Joe is also the founder of Free Comic Book Day, the industry’s only coordinated outreach effort.
Joe is a founding member of ComicsPRO, having donated his time and energy to the organization in its formative stages. In addition to running board meetings and overseeing the work of ComicsPRO’s Communications Coordinator, Joe also is the Chair of the Public Relations committee and is a member of the Mentoring and Member Benefits committees.
In his duties as ComicsPRO’s president, Field has attended numerous industry events to find new members for ComicsPRO and to increase awareness for the organization. These events include ComicsPRO members meetings in Las Vegas and a member recruitment meeting in Philadelphia, as well as giving his time to attend and run retailer programming at Comic-Con International-San Diego.
Chris Powell is the General Manager of the north Texas-based Lone Star Comics and mycomicshop.com.
Powell has been with Lone Star since 1989 and has worked at every level of the organization. He has served on the Board for 3 years and as ComicsPRO’s President Pro Tem for 1. At the ComicsPRO meeting, Powell was named president of the Board of Directors of the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8700How to help tornado victims
- 8573Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7011Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients