Whatever Happened, Happened: George Lang and Matt Price on Lost
George Lang of Staticblog and Matt Price of Nerdage again jump into the “Lost” universe with a look at last night’s episode, “Whatever Happened, Happened.” Spoilers for that episode ahead! Share your thoughts in the comments.
Does being in 1977 means the fully grown Jack Shepherd gets to act like the 10-year-old spoiled son of a doctor he actually was at that time, or something to that effect?
Nerdage: So, in 1977, Jack is the new Sawyer and Sawyer is the new Jack. Sawyer, the “leader” of the
Staticblog: It’s possible that he sees that the messiah market is just too crowded in 1977, what with Horace, LaSawyer and especially Richard Alpert holding most of the savior cards on the island. He also appears to think that his Hippocratic Oath is nullified by the fact that he’s now toiling in the janitorial arts. I agree that he’s being kind of a choda here, but he has to become that choda in order to achieve his inevitable redemption. Because redemption is what “Lost” is all about these days (Ajira Flight 316, anyone?)
Did Cuse/Lindelof just cop out on us with 12-year-old Ben Linus forgetting everything that happened, so he won’t remember in 27 years when he’s being tortured by the Iraqi National Guard veteran that he was shot by that guy back when “Night Fever” was a hit?
Nerdage: Richard can save Ben at the “loss of his innocence.” I’m assuming the smoke monster is involved? Man, I really would like to dig into who leads the Others, and why, and what does that mean? Given Richard saying he “doesn’t answer” to Ellie (Faraday’s mom, right?) or Charles in last night’s exchange, what exactly IS Richard’s position? How did Charles (Widmore, I presume) become leader of the Others, if that’s what Richard meant last night, and how did he lose it?
Staticblog: I actually think, at this point, that Richard Alpert could be Smokey the Sentient Vapor, and that we might see him morph into a trail of soot next week and heal The Boy Who Lived To Become He Who Must Not Be Named Henry Gale. I think Charles and Ellie got control of the island wrested from them by the resident god, Richard Alpert, and all this noise about “We’ve got to go back!” is because Charles and Ellie (Eloise Hawking) are doing battle with said eyeliner-wearing freak.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients