Modern sexual thriller has Ali Larter “Obsessed”
Ali Larter plays a temp who gets between a man and wife in “Obsessed,” a modern take on sexual thrillers that will open in theaters Friday.
In a recent phone interview with The Oklahoman, Larter said she really likes watching this type of movie, and it was even more exciting to take on the role.
“I love getting to play these women, these kind of irrational, complex, delusional characters,” Larter said. “They’re so much fun to sink your teeth into.”
Larter co-stars with Idris Elba (“The Office”) and Beyonce Knowles (“Dreamgirls”). They play Derek and Sharon Charles, a married couple who Larter’s character, Lisa Sheridan, attempts to come between.
“This movie is colorblind,” Larter said. “Not once is race mentioned. We’re trying to do a modern take on this genre, and that’s part of it. Also, we’re taking it, and we’re putting it into the office situation. This is an imaginary office romance that has disastrous consequences.”
Larter said the film also looks at how changing technology has changed office relationships and romances.
“We’re now in this modern age of technology where you can e-mail, you can i-chat, and at what level do you cross the line?” Larter asked. “You can have a different level of intimacy with people at the office that you’ve never had before. So … you’d like to tap into that fear that people may be feeling.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3938Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3498Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients