Wolverine Wednesday: Wolverine miniseries
Wolverine, by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller
One of my favorite Wolverine stories is the four-issue miniseries in which Claremont and Miller explored the character of Wolverine more concretely than anyone before.
Wolverine’s girlfriend Mariko is coerced into marrying a boor of a businessman by her father, seeking more power for his clan. Her husband beats her; Wolverine wants to retaliate, but doesn’t at Mariko’s request. He does, however, find himself ambushed by Shingen, Mariko’s father, and very nearly killed. The warrior Yukio nurses Wolverine back to health, but also harbors a dark secret.
Wolverine’s battle between his animal nature and his honor drive this tale, which is probably both the best-written and best-drawn Wolverine story. It’s available now as a premiere hardcover from Marvel.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7284Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7178Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6931Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients