Marc Webb to helm new ‘Spider-Man’
According to the Heat Vision blog at The Hollywood Reporter, director Marc Webb is on board to direct the new installment of the “Spider-Man” movie franchise for Columbia.
The Reporter says the cast is likely to be unknowns and the film will draw inspiration from Brian Michael Bendis’ “Ultimate Spider-Man” comics. The planned budget floated in the article is $80 million. Webb was the director of “(500) Days of Summer” in 2009. And of course the last name Webb lends itself to all kinds of Spider-Man puns, which should make headline writers happy.
The planned fourth installment to star Tobey Maguire was recently scrapped after director Sam Raimi said he couldn’t meet the originally planned release date and meet the quality standards he wanted.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17652Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13467Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11283Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10735'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10251Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10005Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6673Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6352Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6100Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients