President Obama helped sell lots of comics in 2009
“Amazing Spider-Man” No. 583, in which Obama appeared, was the top-selling comic book of 2009, according to a release from Diamond Comic Distributors, the world’s largest distributor of comic books.
In fact, Obama might have been the biggest comic-book salesman of the decade. Obama, himself a comic-book fan, helped move an estimated 530,500 copies of “Amazing” No. 583, according to the Web site www.comichron.com. (Obama didn’t officially endorse his comic-book appearance.)
“Blackest Night,” written by Geoff Johns, was 2009′s best-selling series, with five issues among 2009′s top 10. “Captain America Reborn” No. 1, featuring the return of Steve Rogers, the original Captain America, landed at No. 3, and “Captain America” No. 600 placed at No. 9.
“Batman and Robin” No. 1, featuring former Robin Dick Grayson as Batman, came in at No. 4.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3771OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3668Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3566How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients