How will Star Trek fare against Terminator Salvation?
Last week, ‚ÄúStar Trek‚ÄĚ nearly held off ‚ÄúAngels & Demons‚ÄĚ at the box office. This week, there‚Äôs an even tougher task for ‚ÄúStar Trek,‚ÄĚ which so far has the best chance at ‚ÄúIron Man‚ÄĚ-type stamina this summer.
The latest ticketing data from MovieTickets.com on ‚ÄúTerminator Salvation,‚ÄĚ which releases Thursday night, indicates ‚ÄúTerminator Salvation‚ÄĚ is slightly out in front of ‚ÄúStar Trek.‚ÄĚ
As of 12 p.m. ET today on MovieTickets.com, ‚ÄúTerminator Salvation‚ÄĚ accounts for 28 percent of all ticket sales with ‚ÄúStar Trek‚ÄĚ close behind at 25 percent, followed by ‚ÄúAngels & Demons‚ÄĚ at 21 percent.
Is there some fan dissatisfaction with ‚ÄúTerminator Salvation‚ÄĚ as a PG-13 film, compared to the previous films‚Äô R rating? A MovieTickets.com poll indicates there may be. Seventy-nine percent of poll respondents stated a ‚ÄúTerminator‚ÄĚ film should be rated R, while 21% answered PG-13. Two thousand people voted in the poll at MovieTickets.com. PG-13 movies tend to open larger than R films, because of the larger potential audience, so what effect this has on ‚ÄúTerminator Salvation‚ÄĚ‚Äės opening weekend remains to be seen.
‚Äď Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients