Captain America vs. the Presidents
In “Captain America” No. 175, Cap unmasks the leader of a deep criminal conspiracy was in fact, the president of the United States, who committed suicide once Cap discovered his duplicity. The issue, which came out in the Watergate era, fully intended the president as Richard Nixon, according to the book’s writer, Steve Englehart, even though the president was never named or shown.
In a later storyline by Mark Gruenwald, Steve Rogers (then going by the name The Captain) faced off against President Ronald Reagan, after a plot by the Viper turned the citizens of Washington, D.C. into snake people. The Captain has to fight the snake-President to make him sweat out the toxins to return him to his regular self.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients