Hulk evolves in animation in Planet Hulk DVD
“Planet Hulk” roared to DVD this month, as Marvel Comics’ green giant is sent to another world, where he becomes a gladiator. It’s based on the hit comic book by Greg Pak. At Comic-Con in 2009, “Planet Hulk” supervising director Frank Paur, “Planet Hulk” film writer Greg Johnson, and Craig Kyle, former senior vice president of animation at Marvel Studios, discussed why “Planet Hulk” was the right fit for a direct-to-DVD film.
“Hulk is a much-loved character,” Kyle said. “He’s just one of the greats. He just is with Spidey and X-Men and Thor and all those, but he’s just someone that fans cannot get enough of. And he’s someone that rules don’t apply to. I think that’s part of his huge appeal.”
While Hulk faced off with Thor and Wolverine in “Hulk Vs.,” another direct-to-DVD film, Kyle said the different films will allow Marvel “to show us the full range of Hulk.”
“‘Planet Hulk’ specifically is probably going to show you the complete Hulk experience that you can have,” Kyle said.
Pak, who wrote the comics that inspired the DVD, looked at a script in the early stages, and Kyle said the creators of the film heavily referenced the comics in developing the film.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3771OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3668Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3566How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients