Doug Fieger of the Knack dead at 57
Doug Fieger, lead singer of the Knack, has died at age 57 after a battle with cancer, the Associated Press reports. The Knack were best-known for the chart-topping hit “My Sharona,” which was inspired by a former girlfriend of Fieger’s.
Singer Weird Al Yankovic said about Fieger on twitter:
“RIP my dear friend Doug Fieger (lead singer of The Knack, and the first artist ever to approve one of my parodies).”
Read more at NewsOK.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients