Today’s Planet 46: Scott Cooper of Crazy Heart
George Lang talks to director Scott Cooper of “Crazy Heart,” which features Jeff Bridges in the Oscar nominated role of Bad Blake, today at Planet 46. Cooper bought the rights to Thomas Cobb’s novel after being unable to secure the rights to Merle Haggard’s life story. Cobb’s story of a once-legendary singer-songwriter waylayed by booze gave Cooper the opportunity to set a universal tale of redemption against the backdrop of the Texas country music scene, Lang writes.
To get the film made, Cooper called on his friend Robert Duvall, who co-starred with him in “Gods and Generals.”
“He read it quickly and said, ‘Scott, I love this,’” Cooper said. “He said, ‘Let’s make it, and I’ll produce it. What do you need?’ That’s when I said, ‘Bobby, besides you and money, I need T-Bone Burnett and Jeff Bridges.’”
Read the complete article by George Lang at today’s Planet 46.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients