First Superman, now Batman: Detective Comics #27 sells for more than $1m
Earlier this week, Superman’s first appearance in “Action Comics” No. 1 sold for $1 million. Now, Batman’s broken that record. The first appearance of Batman, in “Detective Comics” No. 27, has sold for $1,075,500, according to the Associated Press. Both the buyer and seller remain anonymous; the sale was handled by Dallas-based Heritage Auction Galleries.
This “Detective Comics” is in similar condition to the recently sold “Action Comics,” grading at 8.0 on a 10.0 scale.
“The movement of a copy of both of those books in the same week is a shift in the back-issue market that I would call tectonic in nature,” said Rob Vollmar, of the Atomik Pop comic-book store in Norman. ” Copies of either one of those don’t sell very often, because there are so few of them.”
Vollmar also pointed out that Batman’s first appearance has now outstripped the price of the first appearance of Superman, which is historically unusual.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients