T2 Blu-ray update stays true to original
THE NEXT LEVEL
While both “Star Trek” and “Star Wars” have now updated the visual effects of their original incarnations, don’t expect the same from “Terminator.”
Van Ling, the producer of the new Blu-ray “Skynet Edition” of “Terminator 2,” said it’s exciting to create new ways of presenting information, but creating new effects or adding characters could be a slippery slope.
“There is a theory that says that artforms should evolve but artworks should not because they represent a moment in time and have meaning as such,” Ling said in an interview with The Oklahoman. “Creative works are not like refrigerators that you can just replace with a newer model every few years.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients