Flash Comics #1 sells for $450,000
Heritage Auctions has announced a high-grade copy of “Flash Comics” No. 1 has sold for $450,000 on March 12. A service called “Make Offer to Owner” allows buyers to make offers to buyers from previous Heritage Auctions.
The seller had originally obtained it for $273,125 in a January 2006 Heritage auction, and the buyer initiated this latest purchase directly through the new feature at HA.com.
“This is the finest known copy of the 1940 DC Comics first appearance of the Flash and Hawkman,” said Ed Jaster, Vice President of Heritage Auctions, in a news release. “It’s graded by CGC as Near Mint Plus 9.6, and it was part of the famous Edgar Church ‘Mile High’ Collection, universally considered the finest comic book collection of all-time.”
The buyer’s and seller’s names were not released.
For more information, visit www.ha.com.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3222Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3222OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3191Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients