Fine art prints of Marvel covers created
Los Angeles publisher Every Picture Tells a Story have created a new line of upscale fine art prints, including some signed by Marvel Comics Chairman Emeritus Stan Lee.
“I don’t know the definition of fine art,” Lee said in a news release, “but I always felt what we were creating was art. It’s fantastic to see it represented this way.”
Included in the latest release are images from Steve Ditko’s Amazing Spider-Man 19; Gil Kane’s Iron Man 47; Jim Lee’s X-Men 1 and Alex Ross’s Earth X.
- Matt Price
Click past the cut for the full release.
“This was meant to be!” exclaimed Marvel Comics Chairman Emeritus Stan Lee. He was commenting on the unveiling of the new Marvel ArtWorks fine art prints created by Los Angeles-based publisher Every Picture Tells A Story.
The co-creator of Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four and so many other classic characters was pleased to be signing the new, limited edition reproductions of artwork by his longtime associates Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko. “I don’t know the definition of fine art,” Lee continued, “but I always felt what we were creating was art. It’s fantastic to see it represented this way.”
Ranging from classic Spider-Man covers to dramatic contemporary portrayals of Iron Man and the X-Men, Every Picture Tells A Story has introduced a series of eye-popping giclée prints that offer collectors and fans an opportunity to see comic book art as it has never been viewed before. In addition to icons Kirby and Ditko, among the artists represented are Jim Lee, Alex Ross, Todd McFarlane and Gil Kane.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients