Dynamite acquires Vampirella
Dynamite has added a new character to its stable. According to a news release, Dynamite has bought the character of Vampirella, which will become part of its publishing lineup.
Vampirella debuted in 1969 in a black & white magazine titled “Vampirella” with a cover by Frank Frazetta. The scantily clad horror icon has been written by some of comics best-known names including Alan Moore, Mark Millar, Grant Morrision and James Robinson.
“Vampirella is one of the most well known and longest running comic characters in the history of the business,” said Dynamite president Nick Barrucci in a release. “Outside of Marvel and DC characters, very few comics characters that debuted in the 60′s still resonate with fans today. Our acquisition of this iconic brand is another step in Dynamite’s exciting growth and builds on the ongoing success of our line.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients