Slasher film ‘Laid to Rest’ won’t disappoint horror fans, actor says
Missing Lena Headey and Thomas Dekker after FOX cancelled “Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles”? You can catch them in the movie “Laid to Rest,” now available on DVD.
Anthony Fitzgerald, who co-stars in the film, talked to The Oklahoman about the slasher movie, and his character’s possible Oklahoma ties.
“I play a very obnoxious kind of party kid who’s in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Fitzgerald said. “I’m on my way to a rave in Atlanta, and when we were filming it, we joked that we might be from Oklahoma; we’re two young guys on college spring break more or less.”
Fitzgerald went to college in Kansas, and one of his best friends attended college in Oklahoma.
“I’ve been to Oklahoma many many times,” Fitzgerald, who now lives in Los Angeles, said. “I’ve flown out there and driven out there, and I’m a huge fan of Garth Brooks.”
But you won’t hear Fitzgerald’s character humming “Friends in Low Places.”
“In real life, if you have a killer chasing you, you don’t have time to explain how old you are, where you come from, your parents and all that stuff,” Fitzgerald said. “And that’s why I’m proud of ‘Laid to Rest,’ I think it’s a very accurate portrayal of what you would do in a situation. You’d be very afraid. You’d lock the door. You wouldn’t run up the stairs, you’d run out the door.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients