Archie Comics announces Hero Initiative benefit book, auction
George Perez, John Romita and others join with Archie Comics and the Hero Initiative for a new fundraising effort: “Archie Covers: Fifty Times an American Icon.”
An auction featuring 50 new Archie covers by 50 great artists will benefit Hero Initiative, with plans for a book including the covers to come.
The Hero Initiative is the charity dedicated to helping comic creators in medical or financial need.
Archie Comics has printed 50 blank-covered copies of the landmark issue “Archie” #600, and Hero will have 50 stellar artists do original Archie covers on the special edition books.
The originals will be auctioned off at a later date to benefit the Hero Initiative, and a book will be published, collecting all 50 covers.
Artists including Neal Adams, Darwyn Cooke, Sam Kieth, Jerry Ordway, George Pérez, John Romita and Tim Sale are slated to contribute.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims
- 3705Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3691Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3323Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients