ComicsPRO board directors re-elected
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Three ComicsPRO directors were re-elected to the board, ComicsPRO president Joe Field announced at the annual members meeting.
Carr D’Angelo, co-owner of Earth 2 Comics in Sherman Oaks and Northridge, Calif.; Eric
Kirsammer of Chicago Comics and Quimby’s in Chicago; and Rick Lowell, owner of Casablanca Comics in Portland and Windham, Maine were elected to three-year terms.
D’Angelo and Lowell were elected to their second terms as directors. In 2009, Kirsammer was appointed to fill out the term of Ben Trujillo of Star Clipper in St. Louis.
Ralph Mathieu of Alternate Reality Comics in Las Vegas was the other director candidate. Field thanked Mathieu for his willingness to step up and run for the director position.
As previously reported, Phil Boyle of Coliseum of Comics in Orlando, Fla., stepped down from the board, and his position will not be filled. The board will operate with eight members for the following year, and go down to seven members after that.
The remaining board members are Joe Field of Flying Colors Comics & Other Cool Stuff in Concord, Calif.; Gary Dills of Laughing Ogre Comics in Lansdowne, Va.; Amanda Emmert of Muse Comics in Missoula, Mont.; Brian Hibbs of Comix Experience in San Francisco, Calif; and Calum Johnston of Strange Adventures Bookshops in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients