Kurt Busiek’s Astro City to return as monthly series
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Speaking at the ComicsPRO Annual Members Meeting, WildStorm’s Hank Kanalz drew attention to Kurt Busiek’s widely acclaimed series, “Astro City.”
Kanalz said WildStorm plans to bring back Astro City on a monthly schedule beginning in the fall. (The Silver Agent miniseries, pictured above, will precede the monthly return and will be a two-issue miniseries beginning in June.)
Kanalz said the sporadic release schedule of “Astro City” has lead to more readers waiting for the trade, and WildStorm wants to lure readers back to the periodical format. To encourage this, prose fiction pieces about Astro City will appear in the monthly comic book. These pieces aren’t intended for the trade, but are intended to run indefinitely in the monthly book.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients