Paul Levitz, Carol Kalish honored with ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — ComicsPRO honored former DC Comics president and publisher Paul Levitz with the first ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award. Carol Kalish, former direct sales manager at Marvel, was honored with the posthumous ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award.
ComicsPRO created the award to honor those who work behind the scenes, from publishers, distributors, marketers and more, in bringing comic books to market. ComicsPRO member retailers voted on the award, which ComicsPRO President Joe Field described as a “Hall of Fame” award.
Levitz was president of DC Comics from 2002–2009 and worked for DC for over 35 years in a wide variety of roles.
“He is someone who has been one of our best friends in this business,” Field said.
Levitz thanked fellow nominee Bob Wayne of DC and other members of his DC Comics team in accepting the award. He also thanked those in the retail field for their support.
“Thank you for making my service to the field possible,” Levitz said.
Kalish was Marvel’s Direct Sales Manager from the mid-1980s to early 1990s. She was instrumental in professionalizing the comics specialty retail field. Kalish passed away in September 1991 at the age of 36.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3613How to help tornado victims
- 3586Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3014Oklahoma City Thunder: In his absence, Russell Westbrook's value becomes obvious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients