Transformers 2 roundup: BAM reviews, Twinprov raps, tickets sell
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen hits theaters today, and while tickets continue to be hot items, reviews aren’t quite as positive.
NewsOK’s own BAM shares her opinion on the film:
Unfortunately, the slogan “more than meets the eye” does not apply to the slam-bang action sequel “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.”
Instead, director Michael Bay staunchly adheres to the credo “more is better,” making the follow-up to his 2007 blockbuster bigger, dumber and louder.
See the full review here. BAM also brought in local comedy duo Twinprov to provide another summer blockbuster rap, this time, the Transformers rap. Check it out below:
However, tickets continue to sell heavily for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, even as critical response is at best mixed. Fandango reported selling 8 Transformers tickets per second during peak periods. More than 2,000 midnight and late night/early morning showings sold out, also according to Fandango. As of 6 a.m., Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen represented 94 percent of ticket sales on Fandango.
Movietickets.com reported similar information, with more than 94 percent of ticket sales at the site tracking to “Transformers 2.”
The film passed “Pirates of the Caribbean 2,” “Quantum of Solace,” “Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring” and “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” on MovieTickets.com’s all-time pre-sellers last night.
- Matt Price
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients