Michael Jackson tribute comic book planned
Bluewater, the publisher of the Female Force and Political Power comic books, will create a Michael Jackson tribute comic, set for an October release.
“Michael Jackson’s music served as the soundtrack to countless lives — including mine,” said Bluewater president Darren G. Davis in a release. “His influence on our culture has been profound.”
“Tribute: Michael Jackson, King of Pop” is being written by Wey-Yuih Loh, (Political Power: Colin Powell” and “Political Power: Joe Biden) and illustrated by Giovanni Timpano (Vincent Price Presents).
Irony that the artist of Vincent Price Presents draws the Michael Jackson comic book, given the collaboration of those two on “Thriller”?
Davis said in the release that he was swayed to produce a tribute comic after receiving dozens of e-mails and phone calls.
“This is a celebration of his life and what he meant to a legion of fans,” Davis said in the release. “Although the book won’t shy away from some of his personal troubles, we try to tell a balanced story that shows Jackson as a musical genius, an unparalleled superstar and as a complex person.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients