ComicsPRO announces nominees for 2011 Industry Appreciation Award
ComicsPRO, the direct-market comic-book retail trade organization, has announced its nominees for the 2011 Industry Appreciation Award, to be given at the organization’s annual membership meeting in February.
The award is for those who have had an impact on the business of comic-book retail. There are two categories: one for active professionals, and the Memorial Award for those who have passed away.
“ComicsPRO members are proud to highlight the achievements of the many people who have made this industry a better and more successful place to work,” said Amanda Emmert, ComicsPRO Executive Director, in a news release. “The Board of Directors has a difficult time narrowing the ballot each year.”
The 2011 nominees for the ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award are Diamond Comics Distributors’ owner and founder Steve Geppi; writer/artist/publisher Denis Kitchen; former Marvel president and chairman Stan Lee; Diamond’s Vice President for Purchasing Bill Schanes; and DC Comics’ Senior Vice President of Sales Bob Wayne.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients