2,011 in 2011 challenge: first week
After the first week of the “2,011 in 2011″ challenge, I’m actually ahead of the pace I’ll need to maintain to hit 2,011. Despite a pretty busy week at work, I managed to squeeze in time for 61 comic books. That’s about a 1/3 faster pace than I’ll need to maintain to get to 2,011. But on the other hand, it’s just one week in – miss a few days, and I’d easily be behind the 8-ball.
I didn’t get quite as far on Valiant Comics as I wanted to – I planned to read them roughly in release order, but I’m wondering if switching back-and-forth among series will make it more time consuming.
If anyone’s interested in some statistical esoterica from the first week, here’s the company breakdown as far as books read:
Image Comics – 25
Marvel Comics – 20
Eclipse – 9
Valiant – 6
DC Comics – 1
Nine of the books were published between 1981-1990; nine from 1991-2000; and 42 from 2001-2010. The earliest comic I read was “Liberty Project” #1 from 1987; the most recent was “Batman: The Dark Knight” #1 and a few others that came out the last week of 2010.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3755Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3751Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3590As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients