Magnus Robot Fighter: Invasion review
Magnus, Robot Fighter #5-8 from Valiant Comics in 1991 featured the first appearance of Rai, the guardian of Japan, who appeared in flip-books numbered #1-4 on the back side of the issue. The two storylines start separately, then come together in “Invasion.”
After the events of “Steel Nation,” Magnus temporarily finds himself among the Gophs, who live at the lower-class ground level of North Am in the 41st century.
An ambassador from Japan seeks his help; he is trying to end the Japanese dependence on “Granny,” a sentient computer that controls much of Japan. Fifty million Japanese live inside Granny’s host body.
Rai is Grandmother’s defender, and serves as the immune system for the giant robot, chasing away or destroying entities that would harm her. The role of Rai is passed from father to son, with powers granted by Grandmother.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients