Death comes to hero in Marvel’s Fantastic Four #587
In “Fantastic Four” #587, released early to comic-book shops today, Marvel revealed the death of a popular super-character created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
The Human Torch died heroically at the conclusion of the “Three” storyline by Jonathan Hickman and Steve Epting. The Fantastic Four lose one of their founding members, who first appeared in “Fantastic Four” No. 1 in 1961.
“Jonathan Hickman [writer of Fantastic Four] came to us two years ago with a vision for evolving the characters and concepts introduced to fans 50 years ago in Fantastic Four #1 – and quite frankly his vision blew us away,” said Tom Brevoort, Marvel Entertainment SVP of Publishing, in a news release. “The death of the Human Torch is the first major move in this incredibly exciting evolution of the legendary Fantastic Four franchise and a necessary part of the larger story we will be telling featuring the beloved characters moving forward.”
In the next issue, #588, the Fantastic Four disband, and the surviving characters seek a new role in the Marvel Universe.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients