“Space: 1999″ Complete Season 1 Blu-ray review
The first season of the British-produced “Space: 1999” from 1975 comes to Blu-ray. Martin Landau and Barbara Bain, popular from the “Mission Impossible” television series, starred in this sci-fi series.
The science is a bit hokey: After a nuclear explosion, the moon, with astronauts and a moon base aboard, hurtles through space as the inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha attempt to find a new world on which to settle.
But if you can overlook the science and the occasionally dull acting, you’ll find a science-fiction show that reveals a direction science fiction might have gone in the pre-“Star Wars” era. The series was developed by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson (“Thunderbirds”), using sets originally developed for their previous outing, “UFO.” Landau stars as Commander John Koenig; Bain is the head of the moon base’s medical section, Dr. Helena Russell. They were a real-life married couple at the time.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients