Valiant’s Solar: Man of the Atom #3 introduces Toyo Harada
Continuing the “Second Death” storyline from Valiant Comics’ 1991 series “Solar: Man of the Atom,” the third issue introduces Toyo Harada and the Harbinger Foundation, who would play a huge role in future Valiant Universe stories.
When the split-off Solar seeks to determine his purpose, he comes into conflict with Harada and the Harbinger foundation, who are collecting data on humans with extraordinary powers.
We also find out about Solar’s possible origin, and its relation to the Doctor Solar of the 1960s comics.
Meanwhile, the Phil Seleski from the alternate universe returns.
In the “Alpha and Omega” origin portion, we learned that Seleski survived despite his injuries.
Overall, this is another really good issue from the pre-Unity era of Valiant Comics.
- Matt Price
Comics read in 2011: 165. Still to go: 1846.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients